Omnicom Media Group is the media services division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC), the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company, providing services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries. Omnicom Media Group includes the full service media networks OMD Worldwide and PHD Network, leading global data and analytics company, Annalect, as well as several media specialist companies including search specialist Resolution, digital trading platform Accuen and Omnicom Programmatic.
We are passionate about hiring and developing the best talent in market and using the
best digital marketing management practices. This feeds our drive to deliver winning
results for our clients.
The Head of Ecommerce will be a key member of the Central eCommerce Strategy and consulting team across all eCommerce current and potential new clients within the Omnicom Media Group agencies. The role is truly unique, and the eCommerce centralized team will be responsible for developing the commercial and full stack eCommerce consulting offering for all clients and agencies across the group in EMEA. The Head of Ecommerce has the fantastic opportunity to lead, grow and build a full functioning upstream Consultancy practice within the agency to sit as part of the wider Omnicom Media Group consultancy business.
Essentially the focus will be around solving eCommerce Business challenges through well planned and effective strategies, improving the conversion and digital experience of our client’s brands on partner direct selling, retailer websites, and enhance their search ability and drive through to conversion. The mission is to be relevant, discoverable and drive efficiencies right down to the point of purchase.
This is a brand-new team at Omnicom Media Group that is being developed to support client’s new and renewed focus on digital to drive product sales. This role is perfect for someone who can develop a vision and then execute on it – from the team, to what the deliverables look like, to how we measure success.
The Head of Ecommerce will be accountable and responsible for delivering growth of the eCommerce consulting business in the Netherlands and Belgium. The will run and manage a have team and will have the flexibility to roll out the eCommerce approach to other growth eCommerce markets based on successful proof of concept. The role will focus on developing a strong business plans that will deliver profitable growth for Omnicom. The role will look at the development of the market, clients and business, eCommerce product, the vertical and industry specific approach, the commercial offering, the specific approach for the flagship agencies and the unique offering that will set OMG apart from other providers.
This is an incredible opportunity for an individual with a strong eCommerce strategy background to work with a large eCommerce player, and to join a one of the largest global media agencies doing award-winning work.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Provide Strategic Leadership
- Accountable, responsible for the delivery of upstream consultancy across the market and agency.
- Build a successful strategy and consulting team who acts as a conduit for the local market when developing eCommerce transformation for clients.
- Develop a profitable business pipeline and create business plans to grow eCommerce across the group.
- Ensure client satisfaction at every stage of the process
- Ensure connection and integration with performance and biddable solutions teams where these are fully embedded within the agency.
- Create the full stack and modular approach that is industry specific for current and new clients.
- Demonstrate thought leadership with clients by developing and presenting client industry/market research findings, eCommerce search trends, eCommerce growth areas, new models to consider and OMG case studies
- Work with vendors and internal resources across OMG network to further develop eCommerce
- Develop commercial agreements, work to drive efficiencies and to show strong ROAS within the retail and direct selling eCommerce space.
- Be the thought leader and agency expert for eCommerce.
Deliver on eCommerce Scope of Work
- Develop the scope of work, the commercial agreements and manage the profitability of the eCommerce function in terms of ROAS / revenue for clients
- With the direct or indirect team, ensure all deliverables within the eCommerce SOW in place with the client are completed
- Develop a three-year plan and accelerate strategy for growing business into new clients
- Ensure SOW around upstream consulting but this will include working with counterparts in the business across biddable media (included display, paid, performance, organic, content, CRO, insights, data, shopper merchandise and media)
- Work with other teams to upskill and productize offering.
Deliverables include but are not limited to:
- eCommerce strategy development at multiple levels: Overall, by category, by global brand, and by key local markets/brands/categories (viewing product AOV, profitability, logistics and fulfillment elements)
- Develop go to market strategy from eCommerce for core industries and markets
- Develop all frameworks and ways of working
- eCommerce education across the client’s global organization and internally within OMG EMEA
- managing expectations and growing product offering through out of scope work
- Develop content strategy for development, propagation and syndication and benchmarking
- Develop stack of eCom add ons (rating and reviews, how to work with retail verticals, media planning, in market performance and biddable solutions)
Ensure Client Satisfaction
- Establish/grow senior relationships with client, specifically the internal eCommerce team and Shopper Marketing leadership
- Work on ad hoc pitches to growth current business within the OMG EMEA agencies
- Mentor team, ensuring soft and hard skills development
- Lead senior level client meetings and attend regular client status meetings as appropriate
- Establish and maintain a management framework that allows for visibility into account team performance on client(s)
- Ensure holistic search & Shopper media strategies produced for global brands include eCommerce objectives and strategy
Grow Existing & Net New Business
- Identify and allocate resources to allow for both meeting the client's current needs and investing for growth
- Identify, develop, present and transition new client opportunities that exist within the OMG network (upselling to our sister agencies)
- Support local Resolution offices in developing eCommerce scopes of work for local client brands
The right candidate should be able to work in:
- An environment with ambiguity
- Matrix organization
- Hierarchical and flat organizations – therefore, flexibility and adaptability are necessary.
- Interact with detailed and big picture stakeholders